ColorCore®2 Compact series by Formica Corporation, a beautiful expansion of new core colors for compact grade laminate. ColorCore®2 Compact offers designers and architects the ability to utilize the functionality of compact surfacing, with new colors to bring their design vision even closer to reality.
“Spaces like locker rooms and hospitals require practical and highly durable surfaces, but hard-working spaces don’t have to sacrifice on aesthetics,” said Megan McClendon, commercial design lead at Formica Corporation. “ColorCore®2 Compact is another way Formica Group is working to give designers more options for their projects.”
- ColorCore®2 Compact is a compact grade, two-sided structural laminate with new coordinating colors through the core.
- The core is now available in three foundational solid colors—Navy Blue, Mouse and Mojave—which can be paired with multiple patterns for a uniquely customized look to fit a designer’s desired aesthetic.
- Ideal for heavy-duty commercial settings, including restrooms and wall partitions, tables, lockers and wall cladding.
- ColorCore®2 Compact laminate has high strength; impact-, water- and humidity resistance; and can be routed to create different shapes and forms.
ColorCore®2 Compact is ideal in hotels, restaurants and other hospitality settings, as well as retail, office, education and healthcare environments.
Common applications for ColorCore®2 Compact include:
- Restroom and wall partitions
- Wall cladding
- Elevator cabs
- Utility cabinets
ColorCore®2 Compact doesn't require a substrate and can be drilled and routed to create different forms. The smooth, buffed edges of ColorCore®2 Compact provide a seamless and finished look that requires no edgebanding.